- This event has passed.
October 24, 2014 @ 11:00 am - October 25, 2014 @ 3:00 pm
The 2014 Flight 37 Experience
*Time is Running Out – Your Flight 37 Shirts Must Be Ordered by Sunday, October 5th to Ensure Delivery Before Flight*
The Arizona Region of the Porsche Club of America invites you to participate in our annual Concours and Car Show, now in its 37th year. As we did in 2013, our 37th Annual Concours d’Elegance will be held in conjunction with the 4th Annual Bentley Scottsdale Polo Championships: “Horses and Horsepower”. This is a great opportunity to show your car, raise money for charity, and enjoy some great polo at the same time. This year our club events are held on Friday and Saturday, October 24th and 25th.
- Volunteers – Our club activities are successful because of volunteers. Please consider volunteering for the some parts of Flight 37. Help is needed during the reception, the Concours and the awards banquet. Thanks in advance for your help.
Mid September – Registration opened on September 15, 2014. As we did last year, registration will be through the http://www.MotorSportReg.com website. The direct link for the event is: http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/flight-37-westworld-of-scottsdale-polo-field-pca-arizona-869524. Please make sure that you have provided all the details pertaining to your guests and vehicle so that this data pulls properly into your registration record. Registration will be based on either package or a la carte selections. The package selection will provide a discount from purchasing the events separately. All packages include the entry of one car into the Concours and one casual short sleeve shirt.
Additional car entries can be added in the Concours category. Additional shirts must be added through the Additional Shirts section. As an added benefit, each registrant will receive a pass to the Molina Fine Jewelers Drivers & Players VIP Lounge during the event on Saturday. This pass is a $300 value if you purchase it online before the event. For more information on the Bentley Scottsdale Polo Championships, go to http://www.thepoloparty.com.
- Friday, October 24th, 6:00 pm – A Welcome Reception will be held poolside at the Scottsdale Marriott at McDowell Mountains Resort. Participant packages including event passes will be given out at this time. Mix, mingle and renew acquaintances. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/phxno-scottsdale-marriott-at-mcdowell-mountains/
- Saturday, October 25th – The Flight 37 Concours and Car Show will take place at West World in conjunction with the Bentley Scottsdale Championships: “Horses and Horsepower”. Flight 37 registrants will also receive complimentary passes to one of the premier hospitality tents at the Championships. This is a wonderful opportunity to display your Porsche and enjoy some world class polo and hospitality at the same time.
- 8:00 – 9:00 am – arrival and car placement – please be sure to be on site by 9:00 am – we are required to have all vehicles in place prior to the fire and safety inspections which will commence at 9:00 am;
- 9:00 – 11:00 am – clean up your cars
- 11:00 – 2:00 pm – judging
- Please do not plan to leave the event before 4:00 pm – enjoy the polo matches!
- Concours Awards Banquet, 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm – Valencia Ballroom at the Marriott at McDowell Mountains Resort. There will be a reception with a cash bar at 6:00 pm, dinner at 7:00 pm followed by the awards presentations and the Silent Auction. Please email email@example.com if you have any special dietary needs that need to be accommodated. Suggested dress for the banquet is business casual, tending towards the dressier side of this definition.
- Charity – Funds raised from Flight 37 will be used to support Playworks. Playworks (http://www.playworks.org) is the only non-profit organization in the U.S. that provides trained full time coaches to low income schools to facilitate safe and healthy recess play and eliminate bullying and non-participation. Currently Playworks is operating in 18 Phoenix area schools and had provided training services in several others. Your donations will allow Playworks to continue to provide these valuable services to the disadvantaged children in our community. For additional information please view the following informational videos:
- Silent Auction – We need your help identifying businesses that will help us by donating to our Silent Auction. A generic donation request letter can be downloaded (below), but you may also contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a personalized copy.
- Accommodations – The Marriott at McDowell Mountains Resort will have a limited number of rooms available at the special rate of $149.00 per night. First come, first served. Reservations for the event should be made by individual attendees directly with Marriott reservations at 1 (800) 228-9290 or (480) 502-3836. Let them know you are attending the Porsche Club Awards Dinner. This special rate is available on or before Wednesday, September 24, 2014. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/phxno-scottsdale-marriott-at-mcdowell-mountains/
- Shirt Information – for additional information and pictures of the shirts being offered for Flight 37, click here . Shirts must be ordered by October 5, 2014 to ensure they are available for Flight.
- Car Classifications – Questions about your car classification? Refer to pages 65 – 67 of the document contained on the following link for classification information. The complete Concours rules are also found in that chapter of the document. http://zone8.pca.org/rules/2013/2013Z8Rules.pdf
We look forward to seeing you at Flight 37!
- October 24, 2014 @ 11:00 am
- October 25, 2014 @ 3:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Concours and Car Shows, Social Events
- Lyle Capstick