Charity Drive to Boyce Thompson Arboretum
March 21 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Charity Drive to Boyce Thompson Arboretum (for St. Mary’s Food Bank)
- Date: Sunday March 21, 2021
- Drive Start Location: McDonald’s in the Pavilions Mall on Indian Bend just west of the 101
- Start Time: Meet @ 8:00 AM
- End Time: About Noon
- Cost: $50 per car (donated to St. Mary’s Food Bank)
- Cost to explore the Arboretum: $15 per person (not included in the $50 donation)
- Join us for a fun Sunday drive to Boyce Thompson Arboretum (east of Gold Canyon) on behalf of Charity
We will meet on Sunday morning at 8:00am at McDonald’s in the Pavilions mall on Indian Bend. After the drivers’ meeting, we will depart at 8:30am. We will leave McDonald’s heading east on Indian Bend then head north on the 101, exit eastbound on Shea through Fountain Hills, turn left on BeeLine (Hwy 87), then turn right on Bush Highway heading past Saguaro Lake and drive along the Salt river, turn left on Usery Pass Rd (becomes Ellsworth), drive south on Ellsworth, then head east on Hwy 60 to Boyce Thompson Arboretum (about 15 minutes west of the town of Superior).
Once we arrive at our destination you should consider enjoying the Arboretum. If you have not been to the Arboretum before, it is a wonderful botanical garden, with over 900 desert plants. It includes a number of trails and a looping trail around the lake which takes about an hour to complete. It is fairly flat and not too strenuous. There are many beautiful views.
You must register to participate in this event, using the link under “Event Registration” below.