Autocross is the sport of trying to navigate your car through a defined course of pylons usually on a large parking lot, faster than your competition.
Autocross courses are set up using soft orange traffic pylon cones (which will not damage your car) and events are run at speeds usually between 40-65 MPH, usually all in 2nd gear. Autocross is a “performance driving event” and a safe way to learn how to drive your car at its limits. You not only learn how to handle your car at speeds that you drive daily, but you also: Gain confidence in your driving ability. Learn the limits of your car’s brakes. Learn correct seating, hand, and feet positions. Learn the limits of your car’s tire adhesion. Most importantly, autocross is a social gathering of friends with a common interest and is simply a ton of fun!
- Bring a Snell 2010, Snell 2015, or Snell 2020 rated helmet
- Don’t show up without a helmet – We have a limited number of helmets available for rent through the registration process.
- Instructors are available upon request
- Check your vehicle seat belts. No fraying or tears.
- Fill your tires to the factory settings. Check your tire pressure throughout the day.
- Gates open at 7:00 AM. Please come on time to walk the course before the event.
- Bring folding chairs, drinks (water!), snacks, umbrella, sunblock, and a hat are always recommended.
Your family is welcome and there are usually plenty of people to socialize with. Be prepared for big fun. Please register and pay for the event through MotorsportReg.com.
See you at our next event!
There are also lots of resources available for Zone 8 competitions on the Zone 8 Website.