- This event has passed.
Alpine Tour XVII
June 9 @ 9:00 am - June 11 @ 4:00 pm
The Seventeenth (!) Annual AZPCA Alpine Tour to the White Mountains is June 9-10-11. The Tal-Wi-Wi Lodge is our destination in Alpine, AZ. Make your room reservations by calling the lodge directly: 928-339-4319. Tell them you are with the Porsche Club-Arizona Region. You will need a room for June 9-10.
Our itinerary is different from past Alpine Tours: On Friday we will drive up the Beeline Hwy to Payson, then head east on AZ-260 toward Show Low and Pinetop. Before reaching Eager/Springerville we'll take the beautiful, winding route passing by Sunrise Park Ski area and Big Lake, to the Tal-Wi-Wi Lodge near Alpine. On Saturday we will take the spectacular drive south on Highway 191 to Morenci and Clifton, looping back to Alpine via Highway 180 in New Mexico, another great driving experience for your Porsche.
Bring your favorite hors d’oeuvres to share with your PCA friends at our social gatherings on Friday and Saturday.
The Tal-Wi-Wi frequently sells out, as it has for this popular weekend event in the past.
ITINERARY AND ACTIVITIES
Meet at 9:00 AM at Denny's in Fountain Hills:
17053 E Shea Blvd, Fountain Hills, AZ 85268
- Leave promptly at 10:00 AM
- Stop in Payson at McDonald's for a break and to meet up with members who wish to join us there.
- Stop in Pinetop for lunch and fuel.
- Head east on AZ-260, then turn onto AZ-273 past Sunrise Park and Big Lake to our day's final destination, the Tal-Wi-Wi Lodge.
- Late afternoon social: bring an appetizer to share and your own drinks.
- Dinner on your own
- The highlight of the trip is a loop drive down Highway 191 to Clifton, stopping at Hanagan Meadow and other scenic spots along the way. A few miles past Clifton we will turn east into New Mexico and take another scenic, winding route back to Alpine in time for a late lunch and social time at the Tal-Wi-Wi. If you don't want to take the spectacular, scenic drive, you can make other plans: go for a hike, drive to Big Lake, or just relax and enjoy the beautiful White Mountain surroundings and think about how hot it is back in Phoenix! A drive into Springerville for lunch at Los Dos Molinos with dessert at Dairy Queen is a popular option as well.
- Happy Hour – more social time with shared food and drinks.
- Dinner on your own
- Return home according to your own schedule/route
- Optional activities (not part of the "official" event):
- Breakfast in Greer
- Drive back to the Valley through Show Low and the Salt River Canyon (another very scenic route)
Be sure to RSVP using the link below, and make your reservations soon at the Tal-Wi-Wi Lodge.