Autocross is the sport of trying to navigate your car through a defined course of pylons usually on a large parking lot, faster than your competition.
Autocross courses are set up using soft orange traffic pylon cones (which will not damage your car) and events are run at speeds usually between 40-65 MPH, usually all in 2nd gear. Autocross is a "performance driving event" and a safe way to learn how to drive your car at its limits. You not only learn how to handle your car at speeds that you drive daily, but you also: Gain confidence in your driving ability. Learn the limits of your car's brakes. Learn correct seating, hand, and feet positions. Learn the limits of your car's tire adhesion. Most importantly, autocross is a social gathering of friends with a common interest and is simply a ton of fun!
- Bring a Snell 2005, Snell 2010 or Snell 2015 rated helmet
- Don't show up without a helmet - WE ONLY HAVE THREE LOANER HELMETS AVAILABLE.
- You will be assigned an instructor, if requested.
- Check your vehicle seat belts. No fraying or tears.
- Fill your tires to 2-3 lbs. over the factory settings. Check your tire pressure throughout the day.
- Bring an extra quart of oil just in case.
- Check your oil level throughout the day.
- Registration opens at 7:00 am. Please come on time and help set the course so we can get started on time.
- Bring folding chairs, drinks (water!), snacks and/or lunch, sun block, and a hat are always recommended.
Your family is welcome and there are usually plenty of people to socialize with. Be prepared for big fun. Please register and pay for the event through MotorsportReg.com. You can register and pay on site. See you at our next event!
There is also lots of tools available for Zone 8 competitions at the following link: